Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Solar Lantern Lamp

I got 2 units of solar lantern lamp from a friend to test.They are made in China. One of the lantern is modified so that it has a charging indicator (green led) and low power indicator (red led). I also put a simple charge controller inside it and a brand new Panasonic 6V 4.5AH Sealed Lead Acid Battery. The other lantern is kept original.

Pic 021

I want to compare which one has better performance. Both have been put into test since the beginning of June 2008 and are still working just fine. I charge them whole day from dawn till dusk (effectively from 6:30 till 17:30). Both can light brightly whole night long... (Actually it is not as bright as 18W energy saving fluorescent lamp because one lantern has only 20 bright LEDs powered by less than 2 Wp solar panel, but It is OK for a night lamp though). I am very satisfied by those two and till now it seems there is no different in their performance.By the way, they save my electricity expense because 2 night regular lamps have been replaced by these two amazing simple lantern. But the aesthetic look of those two are not good :-)

Pic_004

You can see the picture of the solar panel and the lantern hanging by cable at the ceiling. It is very simple so that I think I will save some money to buy a bigger solar panel about 200 Wp and then install charge controller plus battery bank with several solar-powered lamps inside the house!! It is good but the price is even better too :-) So guys, wish me luck with the panel then...

By the way, if you are in the US, you may find the selected energy saving products at http://energysaving.shopmarking.com/ powered by Zlio

Pic_018

0 comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.